Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
The Novel Coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people. Fired Up Athletic Force, Inc (“Fired Up”) has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, our Corporation cannot guarantee that you and/or your child will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending to our programs, receiving services from our staff, participating in our events and/or having contact with others could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19.
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I and my family may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending the Fired Up After School Programs and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 while allowing my children to participate of such programs may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Fired Up employees, owners, guests, clients and/or any program/services sessions’ participants and their families. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and I accept sole responsibility for any Covid-19 exposure or injury to myself, my children and my extended family (including, but not limited to, Covid-19 infection, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my family may experience or incur in connection with attendance to the Fired Up Programs. On my behalf, and on behalf of my family, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Fired Up Athletic Force Inc, its owners, employees, contractors, clients and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Fired Up Athletic Force Inc., its owners, employees, contractors, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection or injury of any kind occurs before, during, or after joining the Fired Up Athletic Force programs and events.
Risk of Injury
The risk of injury to myself or child from the activities involved in these programs is significant, including the potential for permanent disability and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
1) FOR MYSELF, SPOUSE, AND CHILD, I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASES or others, and assume full responsibility for my child’s participation; and,
2) I willingly agree to comply with the program’s stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If I observe any unusual significant concern in my child’s readiness for participation and/or in the program itself, I will remove my child from the participation and bring such attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
3) I myself, my spouse, my child, and on behalf of my/our heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS Fired Up Youth Sports Inc, its directors, officers, officials, agents, employees, volunteers, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“Releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property incident to my child’s involvement or participation in these programs, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
4) I, for myself, my spouse, my child, and on behalf of my/our heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS all the above Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my involvement or participation in these programs, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THEIR NEGLIGENCE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5) Fired Up reserves the right to use all Images and Media collected throughout our training sessions, meetings and events, to promote Fired Up’s services on the company’s website, social media pages, and YouTube page and for production of promotional materials and giveaways. Registrants’ and or parents’ emails and phone numbers may be used by Fired Up for advertisement of new youth cheer/sports sessions and upcoming Fired Up events at school. Fired Up has sole ownership over any Images, media and contacts acquired before and/or throughout children’s registration and thereafter foremost. Images, media, and contacts include but are not limited to pictures, videos, music, brochures, phone numbers, and email addresses.
After-School Program Policies and Procedures
The following information will address our policies and procedures and is designed to help staff and families become more familiar with our program. Our goal is to provide a first class after-school program for children in grades Kindergarten to 5th. The Fired Up Athletic Force After-School Program works on providing Children all over South Florida the opportunity to participate in enrichment activities to develop new hobbies and skills. The following policies and procedures will serve as guidelines for the successful accomplishment of our goal:
- HOURS OF OPERATION:
The Fired Up After-School Program operates Monday through Friday from 2:10pm to 3:10pm when school is in session.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
The Fired Up After-School Program will follow the Schools’ closing policy for inclement weather. Therefore, if the School makes an early morning or mid-day closing, the after-school program will be closed as well.
The 2021-2022 Fired Up After-School Program enrollment must be complete by all parents/Guardians before the child is allowed to participate in our Programs. Please see “Late Pick Up” procedures below.
- CHECK IN / OUT
All children will be accounted for at the start of the after-school program by the schools’ and Fired Up staff members, and every child must be signed out by a designated parent or guardian at the end of each day. Please notify the School Director if someone other than a parent or guardian will be picking up your child. Fired Up staff is not responsible for checking identity of personnel picking up Children at the Schools, so please help us by instructing your child to wait
in line for staff’s guidance at the exit of each program. Staff will do their very best to try and identify authorized pick up personnel at the pick-up station before releasing the children.
- LATE PICK UP
If your child remains in the care of the School after Fired Up After-School Program hours, Fired Up will return the child to the Schools’ after care. If a child is to be picked up by parent or legal guardian immediately after the Fired Up After-school program and the child stays past 3:15pm there will be one warning, after the first warning there will be a $20 charge for every additional 5 minutes he/she remains after 3:15pm. This will be charged to your Credit Card on file at Fired Up’s After-School Program Site. If a child is still in the care of Fired Up After-School program for over one hour after the close of the after-school program, we are required to call Social Services. Therefore, please let us know if you are going to be late. Remember that your child as well as our staff worries about you when you are late.
- PARENT/AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM’S MANAGER’S COMMUNICATION
The parent and After School Program management’s team relationship is extremely important as we work together to educate our Children. The aftercare director will contact a parent if there are concerns about your child. Parents, please be sure that all phone numbers on file are correct and up to date. If you have a concern, or a problem arises, parents are encouraged to contact the Fired Up After-School Director as soon as possible (Joey Eida 561-716-9635).
- PROCEDURE FOR INJURY
The Fired Up After-School Program will contact the parents/guardians of any child that is injured while in our care. If the injury is serious in nature, unless the Fired Up After-School Program is instructed differently by the parents, we will call for an ambulance.
- DISCIPLINE PHILOSOPHY AND PROCEDURE
The Fired Up After-School Program will follow the discipline philosophy and procedures of Fired Up Athletic Force, Inc. We expect students to exemplify attitudes and actions which reflect the Fired Up Athletic Force’s values. If the child is consistently misbehaving, the Aftercare Director will work with the parent on an individualized plan to address the problem. Physical aggression,
hostile behavior, intimidating acts of harassment, extortion, violent behavior, or possession of weapons will not be tolerated. Anyone who demonstrates such behaviors will be held accountable for their actions and will not be allowed back into the aftercare program for the duration of the year.
The Fired Up After-School Program hires only qualified staff over the age of eighteen to work in the after-school programs. A background check is required for all employees who work with the Schools and our program.
- STATE REQUIREMENTS
The Fired Up Athletic Force, Inc is required by the state of Florida to report any suspected signs of child abuse to the Child Protection Agency (Customer Call Center 850-300-4323). If an employee suspects any child abuse he/she is required to file a report with the After-School Program Director and call the child abuse hotline. The proper authorities will then intervene and conduct an investigation. Fired Up Athletic Force Afterschool program Director: Joey Eida (561) 716-963
I acknowledge and understand that Fired Up has a cost for Insurance, uniforms, and labor for all children’s programs and I agree that it’s my responsibility to pay in full for any installments I chose to take for such programs. I state and agree that such commitment will be honored in case of the child’s program drop-off before the program ends.